Your donation ensures autistic and developmentally disabled children and their families have access to the therapy and supports necessary to live their best lives.
Yampa Valley Autism is Now an Enterprise Zone
This designation may offer a substantial tax benefit which would allow you to give more and make a bigger impact in the lives of Routt County children.
Donations made to a qualifying Enterprise Zone are eligible for a generous tax credit of up to 25% to use against your Colorado state income tax if giving an outright gift of cash, or 12.5% for gifts of appreciated assets, such as stocks and securities.This is over and above the normal tax benefits of a charitable contribution.
Enterprise Zone Tax Credit Guide
Some of the Fine Print
This information is not intended to replace advice from a professional tax advisor. Each taxpayer’s situation is different. Please contact a professional tax advisor for questions and details regarding your situation
- Donations must be $250 or greater to qualify for a tax credit.year This can be made as monthly donations totaling $250 over the course of the year.
- A donor, having made a qualified contribution to YVAP, may claim up to 25% of a cash donation as a Colorado income tax credit, and 12.5% for appreciated assets such as stocks and securities.
- The amount of credit taken in one year cannot exceed the donor’s state tax liability. However, excess credit may be carried forward for up to five years.
- The maximum credit a donor can claim through this program per tax year is $100,000.
- Donations must be an outright gift unrelated to sponsorship or a special event ticket or a purchase of goods.
- Donations received from a Donor Advised Fund are not eligible for an Enterprise Zone Tax credit.
To submit a donation for the Enterprise Zone qualification, it will require the last 4 digits of your social security number or your EIN if you are a business. Please contact YVAP to provide this information. Upon approval by the EZ program administrator, you will receive a certificate that you will need to submit with your Colorado income tax return to receive your credit.
Questions? Contact email us at email@example.com or call 970-870-4263.
More Ways to Give
Prefer to donate by check or over the phone?
Yampa Valley Autism Program
PO Box 778124
Steamboat Springs, CO 80477
Looking to Volunteer
Please email Kimberly or call 970-870-4263.